You can use this Divorce Readiness Quiz to determine where you are in your relationship. Are you ready for divorce, or do you just need a date night? Answer the questions below, a scoring guide is at the bottom of the quiz.
1. True or False: ____ In the last six months, my partner has changed their exercise,
dress and grooming regime to look younger or fitter.
2. True or False: ____ I have not had sex with my partner in over one month and
there are no medical issues preventing me or my partner
from having sex.
3. True or False: ____ I suspect that my partner is cheating.
4. True or False: ____ I can’t remember the last time sex was good.
5. True or False: ____ I can’t remember why I married my partner in the first place.
6. True or False: ____ I don’t have access to the marital accounts, or the access that
I have is very limited.
7. True or False: ____ I am currently involved in a romantic relationship with someone
other than my partner.
8. True or False: ____ My partner has been diagnosed (by someone other than me
and google) with a mental disorder/disease and fails to seek
counseling or medical treatment.
9. True or False: ____ My partner has an addiction to drugs, alcohol, porn, gambling,
shopping, etc. but fails to seek treatment to address the addiction.
10. True or False: ____ We fight more than we laugh.
If you answered TRUE to 1 or 2 questions, you are probably in need of some
marital counseling or a good, old-fashioned date night with your spouse that
includes a heart-to-heart conversation.
If you answered TRUE to 2-5 questions, your marriage is salvageable but will
take a lot of work. You need to ask yourself, “Does my desire to fix this marriage
outweigh my exhaustion at trying to do so?” If so, then you should explore marital
counseling. It is also advisable to consult with a lawyer just to understand the law
and your rights and responsibilities.
If you answered TRUE to more than 5 questions, you may want to consult a
collaborative family law attorney.